Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert's Love Story



The duo first met back in 2005 at CMT's 100 Greatest Duets Concert, where they performed together. "I didn't know if it was just initial butterflies… I don't know what it was," Lambert said of first meeting him. Shelton, backing up her claim, told VH1: "Looking back on that, I was falling in love with her, right there on stage."


In 2005, Shelton and Lambert were introduced when they performed together at the CMT 100 Greatest Duets concert. They sang “You’re The Reason God Made Oklahoma.” Uh, could you pick a more perfect song for Oklahoma native Shelton to sing with his future wife?
Shelton also talked about these uh oh feelings during Lambert’s Behind The Music special: ”I was a married guy, you know? Standing up there and singing with somebody and going, ‘Man, this shouldn’t be happening.’ Looking back on that, I was falling in love with her, right there on stage.” 


In 2011, Dateline asked Lambert about the spark that sparked back in 2005. Lambert said, ”I had seen [Shelton and Williams’s] wedding pictures in Country Weekly … I’ve seen this my whole life —affairs, and of all people to know better, I know better than this.” Shelton and Lambert say they did not have an affair, but neither will deny that the vibes were there. Scandalous vibes! 
Shelton and Williams divorced in 2006, and Shelton and Lambert kicked off their relationship that year. Did Lambert split up Shelton and Williams? I don’t know. Did Shelton cheat on Williams with Lambert? As far as we know, no.
In 2010, Shelton proposed to Lambert, and they got hitched in 2011. And the rest, as they say, is a ”Bare Skin Rug.”